Mrs. Clean's established in Redmond, WA. in 1975, Mrs. Clean is a house cleaning company dedicated to your satisfaction with a fresh clean home.
We hope you find useful and helpful information. Enjoy browsing through our many house cleaning and stain removal tips.
Share us on

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cleaning Stainless Steel Appliances


Stainless steel, sleek and beautiful but hardly ever stain-less or fingerprint proof. Right?

How many of you have followed right behind the kids with a kitchen towel wiping off the fingerprints?

I know I’ve been guilty of that and my kids look at me and say “Mom – It’s just a refrigerator.”

Well, maybe it is just a refrigerator, but keeping it clean really adds a pop of shine to the room, don’t you think? That’s why I clean mine on a regular basis.

Regular Cleanings

For regular cleaning, all you need to do is take a damp cloth, wet it with warm water, wipe down the appliance then dry and polish with a clean dry lint free rag.

Personally, I like to use white vinegar. I’m disinfecting as I’m cleaning and when I dry whatever appliance I’m cleaning, it dries faster. I put the white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray my cleaning rag rather than the appliance. Then I wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.

Here’s a little tip for larger appliances:
Work in sections. Clean and dry a section then move on to another section. Then when you’re done; give it a quick and final buffing. Now you have a nice shiny finish.

Cleaning Fingerprints

Even if you follow members of the house around wiping off fingerprints – you can’t get them all! Oh those little buggers – the fingerprints I mean.

Again I my favorite things to use is plain white vinegar. But when you use it like me, you might run out so what can you use?

Liquid Dishwashing Detergent

I use Dawn dish soap. So I put just a couple of drops in a small bowl of warm water. Swish it around with your fingers to mix it in. Dip in your cleaning rag, wring it out good, and clean those grimy fingerprints.

When you’re done cleaning, run a damp cloth with just water on it then buff and shine.

Heavy Duty Cleaning

If you have burnt on food, take a little of your Dawn dishwashing detergent and rub some on the spot. Let it sit a while to soften the caked on food then wipe it off. You may have to repeat this a time or two depending on how badly caked on the food is.

Just don’t use anything abrasive as you could scratch your appliance. That goes for cleaners and scouring pads.

When you’re done cleaning, rinse the area with clean water and dry.

Polishing Stainless Steel

To top off your cleaning and make your stainless steel shine, polish it with a little mineral oil.

Simply apply a small amount to a clean, dry cloth (one that is lint-free) and buff out with a microfiber cloth when you’re done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Mrs Clean on Pinterest