Mrs. Clean's established in Redmond, WA. in 1975, Mrs. Clean is a house cleaning company dedicated to your satisfaction with a fresh clean home.
We hope you find useful and helpful information. Enjoy browsing through our many house cleaning and stain removal tips.
Share us on

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Using Your Old Toothbrush to Clean Tight Places in the Bathroom


Old tooth brush for cleaning in tight spaces.

If you’re like me, you save a few old toothbrushes instead of throwing them in the trash. They come in handy for cleaning in tight places.

One of the reasons I like using an old toothbrush is they are already worn down and it's lost the stiffness, then I don’t have to worry about scratches – not to mention I don’t want to waste a new toothbrush for cleaning gunk.

So, if you have an old toothbrush, don’t throw it out, not yet anyway. Get more use out of it before tossing it in the trash.

Cleaning Hard to Get Places in the Shower



One of the places I use my old toothbrush is cleaning the bottom of sliding glass shower doors. If you have this kind of shower door you know how soapy water can run down the glass and into the tracks where water pools.

If this is left you end up with soap scum in the tracks and on the bottom of the glass which can be hard to get at with just a sponge or cleaning rag.

This is where the old toothbrush comes in handy to scrub the shower tracks, the rubber seal strip, the bottoms of the glass door and other areas like around the drain, shower lever, and around the faucet.

If you have a shower caddy, a toothbrush works great in corners, the little drain holes, and around the rubber base.

Cleaning Tight Places on the Toilet

Another place, when cleaning in the bathroom, that old toothbrush is good for is around the toilet.

I use it to scrub around the toilet seat hinges, in the space between the tank and toilet seat, and I also use it when I clean inside the toilet tank.

Cleaning Inside the Toilet Tank

Cleaning the Sink and Countertop

I use my old toothbrush to clean around the drain and inside the drain as far as I can get. I use it to clean the overflow hole, and around the faucets.

I have a mirror that is so close to the backsplash that it's hard to clean with just a sponge so out comes the toothbrush yet again and it works to clean all corners and edges.

Cleaning the Cabinets

Using the toothbrush also works really well for cleaning the outside of cabinet doors, inside drawers and under the sink area.


Another great tip for your old toothbrush - use a permanent marker to label it as a cleaning brush so no one accidentally picks it up and uses it!

More bathroom cleaning tips:

Cleaning Soap Scum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Mrs Clean on Pinterest